The production manager will coordinate with the general manager to oversee all phases of production including, but not limited to, planting/seeding, crop maintenance, irrigation, harvest, equipment maintenance, related organization, record keeping and wash/pack help when required. A major component of this position will be supervising, motivating and working with all labor related to production. Management duties may also include running one market per week, and overseeing specific crops and/or farm functions matched to their experience, talents and personal interests.
There is some flexibility in the start date, but ideally the candidate will be ready to start April 1st. This is a full time position that requires a commitment to stay at least until November 8th. The work week will typically be about 40hrs/week, beginning on Monday, Tuesday is a day off, then running from Wednesday through Saturday.
- Organized, detail oriented
- Strong work ethic
- Farming and farm-crew management experience
- Cold climate sustainable vegetable production, including organic farming experience
- Experience using various tools and farm equipment
- Experience working with season extension and high tunnels
- Experience in record keeping and strong attention to detail
- Flexibility in schedule
- Strong organizational skills
- Passion for sustainable agriculture
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. and work in all weather conditions
Compensation: $14-17/hr dependent on experience, plus farm produce (seconds)
We are seeking hardworking candidates for our full time farm crew team who can commit to staying with us for at least the remainder of the season usually ending in early November. The farm crew will work both under the supervision of the production and wash/pack managers on all tasks related to production and wash/pack, as well as independently on a wide variety of tasks related to normal operations of the farm.
Strong work ethic
Flexibility in schedule
Passion for sustainable agriculture
Ability to lift 50 lbs. and work in all weather conditions
Compensation: $11-14/hr dependent on experience, plus farm produce (seconds)